Form Instructions & Fee Information
Review before continuing.
Please be aware of the following:
- As a guest user, your information will not be retrievable. Print your transactions for your records.
Proof of Lawful Presence Documentation
- A copy of your California driver license or identification card. (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 11, § 4045.1)
- If your license or identification card is valid but is not a Federal Limits Apply ID or a Real ID, you will need to upload a second copy of your ID or DL for the additional required File Upload(s). (Upload second copy of ID or DL document under File Upload #7 - proof of lawful presence documentation.)
- If your driver license or identification card has "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" on the front, you shall also submit proof of lawful presence in the United States, in the form of one of the following documents:
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card.
- Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate.
- Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545), Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350) or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (FS-240), issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- Valid, unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. immigrant visa and approved Record of Arrival/Departure (I-94) form.
- Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory.
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship.
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 11, § 4045.1)
- If your name, as it appears on the "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" driver license or identification card, differs from the name on the document(s) above, you shall also submit one of the following certified documents:
- An adoption document that contains your legal name as a result of the adoption.
- A name change document that contains your legal name both before and, as a result of, the name change.
- A marriage certificate.
- A dissolution of marriage document that contains your legal name as a result of the court action.
- A certificate, declaration or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership.
- A dissolution of domestic partnership document that contains your legal name as a result of the court action (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 11, § 4045.1)
- The processing fee for the Other Assault Weapon Registration is $37.19 for the first firearm and $5.00 for each additional firearm.